After being founded in 1910, Hitachi installed its first elevator in 1932. The first escalator was installed in 1937. The company has since gone from strength to strength and hasprovided Japan's first skyscraper, the Kasumigaseki building, with the then fastest gearless elevators in the country in the 1960s. Hitachi has gone on to produce faster, larger and barrier-free elevators as well as customised escalators right into the next century.
Hitachi Elevator Asia continues to achieve new breakthroughs. We aim at continuous improvement and providing high-quality experiences to our customers. We want to ensure long-term safety, achieve cost-effectiveness and offer world-class comfort.
Click on any one of the years below to view Hitachi's accomplishments since 1910.
- Foundation of Hitachi Ltd.
- Installation of the first elevator
- Installation of the first escalator
- Installation of the first moving sidewalk
- Development of fully automatic group control system
- Completion of Elevator Research Tower (90m) at Milo Works
- Delivery of ultra-high speed elevator (300m/min) to the kasumigaseki Building. Japan's first skyscaper
- Foundation of Hitachi Elevator Engineering (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Delivery of the fastest elevator in the world* (540m/min) to the shinjuku sumitomo Building, Japan
- Received award for Hitachi Elevator's contribution to making Singapore Changi Airport the Best Airport in the World (Business Travellers and Executive Travel Surveys)
- Development of ultra-high speed elevator of 810m/min
- Release of machine room-less elevator
- Foundation of Hitachi Home Elevator Corporation
- Received Silver Jubilee Award from Singapore Changi Airport
- Delivery of 6 of the world's largest ultera-high speed, high capacity double-deck elevators* (480m/min, 48-person capacity)
- Completion of the world's tallest research tower* "G1 Tower" (213m)
- Foundation of Hitachi Elevator Asia Pte. Ltd. In Singapore as the Regional Headquarter for the Southeast Asia, India and middle East regions
- Delivery of ultra-high speed elevators (600m/min) to the Al Hamra Mixed-Use Complex, the tallest building in the Kuwait* (412.6m) and the tallest sculpled tower in the world*
- Development of the world's fastest elevator* (1200m/min) for a mixed-use skyscraper in Guangzhou, China (to be delivered in 2016)
- Received order for 47 elevators (37 high-speed) and 8 escalators for Tanjong pagar Center, tallest building in Singapore* (290m) [to be completed in 2016]